- The best kept secret in the Adriatic
- Sail Montenegro and explore stunning Kotor Bay
- Enjoy luxury and Mediterranean life
Shh, let’s not say that too loud! Montenegro is one of the best kept secrets in Europe
, a true haven for cruising
with its clear Adriatic waters
surrounded by mountains, wonderful fortified towns and fishermen villages.
Undoubtedly, Montenegro’s star attraction is Kotor Bay
, a winding bay that is sometimes called ‘Europe’s southernmost fjord’
, about 28 km long and offering over 100 km of shoreline. Sailing Kotor Bay is a true delight
- you can swim in coves and secluded beaches and visit historic towns and churches, and stop at one of many fish restaurants to enjoy gourmet Montenegrin specialties
The first town you’ll encounter entering Kotor Bay
is Herceg Novi
, a brilliant place to arrange your yacht charter - but make sure you save some time to tour the fascinating Old Town. Perast
is also worth a visit - also be sure to stop at the tiny islets of St.George and Our Lady of the Rocks
, the latter artificially built on sunken ships. Further down the bay there’s Kotor
, a stunning fortified town - you can walk all the way up to St.John Castle
up the hill, to get a wonderful view over the bay.
Other Montenegro points of interest
that can be visited while sailing or cruising around the country are Budva
- alternatively, you can combine a visit to Montenegro
and a Croatia cruise, to get the best of this side of the Atlantic.
Find out more about our Montenegro private cruises below!